10 Ways To Make Your Wife Fall In-Love With You Daily
By Nathan Lorick
I love my wife! Not only has she been my wife for over a decade now, she is also my best friend who I get to do life with on a daily basis. There have been a lot of great times, and frankly, some very difficult times. There are so many things that I have learned while being on this journey and have developed a love for discussing marital relationships. Obviously, being married for over a decade certainly does not qualify me as any expert on the subject. In fact, all that I share about marriage in counseling and preaching, unfortunately, does not always play itself out in my own marriage. Simply stated, I do not always get it right. However, that’s what makes the journey so fun and exciting.
There is one thing I do know for a fact. I love my wife more today than ever before. I also know that I want to do anything I can to make her love me more than ever. Of course, we can’t make our wives love us, however, there are some things we can do to cultivate the love they already have for us. So, I began to jot down some ways that men can help their wives continue to fall more in love with them every day of their marriage.
Here are the ten the things that I came up with that will help make your wife fall in love with you daily:
- Pray for her daily: This is a simple way to love your wife. Lift her up to Jesus daily. Pray for God’s Spirit to lead and guide her. Pray that God will speak clearly to her heart every morning. As you begin to pray for her, you will be connecting to her heart on a deeper level than ever before.
- Write her notes: This is something so easy and not time consuming, yet men don’t take this opportunity. These notes will affirm your love for her and to A simple note reminding her of your love goes a long way in her day!
- Give her multiple compliments each day: If the love you have for your wife is growing each day, it should be easy to find wonderful things to say about her. Often, though, this can be a tough one because we come home tired and wanting nothing more than to just veg-out. However, make a point to find several good things every day to point out to her. We may think that she should know how we feel and maybe she does. However, it’s also a beautiful thing to vocalize those feelings to your bride.
- Pick her up something she likes: My wife loves tea from McAlister’s Deli. It doesn’t take that much effort on my part to stop by on the way home and get her one. I don’t do this every day, but I try to pick something up two or three times a week that she likes. This is one way of telling her that I love her and I am thinking about her. It doesn’t have to be big or expensive, after all, it is really more the thought that counts!
- Learn to laugh together: One of the greatest joys of marriage is learning how to laugh together. Figure out how to be crazy and have fun together. Doing this will help each of you to realize that you’re so crazy that no one else could put up with each of you, so you might as well just enjoy each other. In all seriousness, marriage is hard, but it should also be joyful.
- Do something together that she likes: I can’t begin to tell you how many movies we have watched together late at night. My wife loves watching movies, and I love watching them with her. Whatever it is she likes, carve out some time together to do what she wants.
- Plan a surprise date: This one can be somewhat tricky, especially if you have children. I know for us getting someone to watch our four children can be both challenging and expensive. However, from time to time, splurge and hire a sitter. There is nothing like one-on-one conversation with your wife.
- Reminisce about earlier years together: There is a reason that the two of you fell in love in the first place. As life, kids, and work happens, we can tend to forget those precious moments – the very reasons that we fell for our wife. Think back through those times and reflect, laugh, cry, and enjoy the memories. Hold on to them like valuable treasures.
- Give her time away: To be honest, this one is the most difficult at my house. My wife is great at managing our home and taking care of our children. When she leaves it becomes mass chaos. However, she needs time to do her own thing. It doesn’t come often enough, yet make it a point to let your wife go away for a few hours and indulge herself in some quiet time.
- Tell her you love her every day: Perhaps the most important thing you can do for your wife is to tell her every day that you love her. In a culture that is filled with so many distractions, it is important that your wife knows she has your whole heart. Every day and preferably multiple times a day, remind her how much you love her, how grateful you are to walk this journey with her, and that your love is only for her.
These ten things may seem like simple and small examples, but they will speak volumes of love to your wife. This is good for her, and it will continually cultivate her love for you, which is good for you. Men, your wife is your greatest treasure, and sometimes all she wants is to be treasured!